I took up drums and guitar at age 11, playing my first gig on drums at 12. I continued with other cover, and original music projects, learning about bass, piano, composition, theory, and was involved with the school orchestra throughout middle school and high school, earning the John Philip Sousa Award, First Chair Of America, and Distinguished Musician’s Certificate. I was also a member of a community big band jazz group. Afterward, I decided to pursue an original music project, and subsequently became involved with a number of other original bands over the years. I’ve also been hired for live, and studio work during that time. The following is a chronological list of notable events, and bands that I have been, and am currently involved with.
- Won 2nd place nationally in the Marlboro Music Talent Roundup, drumming with The Chris Kenny Band
- Was nominated for best local band, at the Coca Cola Music Awards in Atlanta, as a drummer with the band Big Sky. This band was produced by Phil Ehart of the band Kansas, and included Jerry Peek, formerly bassist with The Steve Morse Band, and in an earlier incarnation,Tim Smith ( Sheryl Crow, Jellyfish, Umajets) Recorded one EP with them, with Peter Stroud( Sheryl Crowe, Sarah McLachlan) on guitar
- Was nominated as a semifinalist for Soundcheck ( The Yamaha Music Showcase ) drumming with the band RainHouse. I recorded one CD with them.
- Played drums for several live shows with violinist/composer David Ragsdale of the band Kansas to promote his solo album, David and Goliath
- Drums/vocals/arrangements with Sue G Wilkinson. Toured the UK in 2001 She and I worked together earlier for 4 yrs on the Big Sky band project.
- Drummer/vocalist for roots/blues band Mudcat since 2001, recording 8 CD’s (including percussion and vocal arrangements for American Idle, Chicken And Gin, and You Better Mind ), and performing in the US, Europe, and Costa Rica with them. The band, led by Danny ‘Mudcat’ Dudeck, and including trombonist Lil’ Joe Burton ( BB King, Junior Wells), has received international press, Sirius radio play, and local accolades, including Best Blues Band in Creative Loafing’s Best Of Atlanta, and a #4 spot on their 99 Things To Do ( to call yourself a true Atlantan )
- Drummer/vocalist with Psychedelic Pop/Rock band Orange Hat since 2003, recording a CD, and EP with them, and occasionally playing live. They had a local Atlanta cable show, The Orange Hat Hour (2002-2003) that I was later involved with.
- Drummer/vocalist for power pop band What the…? since 2006, playing shows in Atlanta, LA, and Liverpool at the famous Cavern, which included a simulcast on the virtual Cavern stage in Second Life, where we have done a series of mind bending shows in various virtual venues. In 2010 we toured as the backing band for 3 time Grammy nominated singer/songwriter Peter Case (Plimsouls/ The Nerves ), to promote his CD ‘Wig’. We currently have a CD ( Lost In This World ) nearing completion, on which I have contributed one of my songs, ‘That’s Why’, and composed a prelude for the opening track ‘Under The Radar’
- I have also drummed with harmonica player Jerry Portnoy / (Muddy Waters, Eric Clapton ), singer/songwriter Roy Lee Johnson ( His song, ‘Mr Moonlight’, was covered by The Beatles ), former James Brown guitarist Robert Lee Coleman, and Canadian singer/songwriter/guitarist Sue Foley